Campaigns Representative Roles
What are the Campaigns Representatives?
The part-time roles are unpaid representative positions available in the Students’ Union. There are 6 part-time positions available, but only three roles up for election in March:
- Equality and Diversity Representative
- Environmental and Sustainability Representative
- Irish Language and Culture Representative
- Mature Student Representative (election taking place next academic year)
- International Student Representative (election taking place next academic year)
- Postgraduate Student Representative (election taking place next academic year)
These representatives must be a registered student with University College Cork.
How to run for a Campaigns Representative Role
To be on the ballot for a campaign representative role, candidates must receive 5 nominations from registered UCC Students, collected by a Google Form. The nomination form will be circulated by the Students’ Union upon the open of nominations.
Nominations will open on the 15th of March 2021.
Nominations will close on the 19th of March 2021 at 5pm.
Nomination forms must include candidate’s name, student number, photo of student
card, contact details and title of the position the candidate is running for.
Completed nomination forms must be accompanied by a copy of the candidate’s manifesto, by sending a digital copy to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so will result in the candidate being deemed ineligible to run.
All candidates must scan and email a signed copy of the Election Rules and Regulations Agreement upon submission of their nomination. Candidates signing in acceptance of the rules and regulations and are signing on behalf of their campaign team.
Campaign representative candidates may not spend in excess of €150 on their campaign. A candidate is not permitted to spend more than 1⁄3 of their campaign allowance (up to a max of €100) on social media advertising. For the complete set of regulations surrounding campaign allowances, see Election Regulations 2021.
Candidates must follow all the Election Regulations 2021 or risk being fined and/or disqualified from the election.
Digital hustings will take place on March 24th 2021.
The election will take place online from March 29th to March 31st 2021. Results will be announced by the SU President over the course of the day on April 1st 2021.
Equality and Diversity Representative
The Equality and Diversity Representative sits on the UCC Students’ Union Executive.
The role includes:
- Establishing, chairing and developing the Equality Working Group (EWG)
- Representing the opinions and stances of the EWG at UCCSU Executive meetings
- Work with the Executive to campaign to secure equal treatment for all students within the University
For more information on running for the role of Equality Representative, please contact Daniel at email@example.com
Environmental and Sustainability Representative
The Environmental and Sustainability Representative sits on the UCCSU Executive and the UCC Green Campus committee.
The role includes:
- Working closely with the Executive to ensure that the Union and University meet its joint mission for creating a more sustainable campus
- Encouraging environmentally friendly purchasing activities of the Union, the University and the student body
- Working closely with the Executive on all campaigns related to environmental and sustainability issues
- Making a contribution to the overall strategic direction of the Union in relation to sustainability
For more information on running for the role of Education Officer, please contact Orlaith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Irish Language and Culture Representative
The Irish Language and Culture Representative sits on the UCCSU Executive.
The role includes:
- Promoting the use of the Irish language within Union, the University and the student body
- Working closely with the Executive on all campaigns related to Irish language and culture
For more information on running for the role of Irish Representative, please contact Nada at email@example.com